I just found out Today that I fly to Santo Domingo, D.R. tomorrow at noon. Unexpected, but it´s always a good time to fly away and give presentations on alignment.
No blogging ´til Saturday. I hope to take some cool pictures to post.
Have a great weekend.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
Yes, it´s THE question.
What is Innovation? Lately it seems like the ¨mojo¨ word, but what does your Company understand by innovation?:
a) Keyword in any strategic plan that needs immediate attention in order to be executed ¨as usual¨;
b) ¨Naipes joker¨ word used as an excuse to explore ¨new ways of doing things¨ (read: to postpone important decisions that rock the boat...);
c) Must-have word in the cover of cool business magazines;
I think innovation is a MINDSET. It´s realizing that:
1. We are not in control. Anyone who pretends to be is set for a good deal of frustration.
2. Nothing that got us here is guaranteed to take us there.
3. Yes, we will fail. And get up. And fail. And get up.....
4. It´s a whole new game... in every industry.
5. Connection is what matters. It´s what brings success. Oh, but don´t search for it; rather, open yourself to it. Otherwise it won´t happen.
And aligning everyday actions and decisions accordingly. That is: reconsidering everything, embracing the chaos, preparing to sail the boat of disruption.
Everything else is...well, tonight´s word: guanno . vation.
What is Innovation for you?