Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lessons learned

A co-worker and friend of mine once taught me, and often reminds me about, the importance of the ¨lessons learned meeting¨. She is a very disciplined and competent project manager (PMP certified) and always performs a lessons learned meeting when concluding a project.

Our team has adopted the strategy and, not only after completing a project but weekly, especially when something doesn´t turn out as expected, you can hear somebody in the team say ¨Ok, so what´s the lesson learned?¨.

I believe this is a powerful tool for everyday life. There is a lesson to be learned in EVERYTHING that happens. The most important lessons are the non-obvious ones. Allow yourself to take the time to ask the question and think about it. When you answer it, immediately ask the next one: ¨Does this bring me closer to where I want to be?
Again, it´s all about ALIGNMENT.

I see another t-shirt coming out of this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this alignment thing! I have to learn more about it... but reading your blog, made me ask myself the question, -maybe never before asked from me to me- and you are right!! We have to do this once in a while, and become aware of our reality, whatever it may be!